Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Flyer Preparation



I am having a holiday show at Venus on the Half Shell December 6th.  I like to make an event flyer for every show to get as many people to come out as possible. A lot of work went into this flyer, here is what I did.

I decided I wanted the flyer to be very festive, so I made a Christmas dress.  I had to cut three layers of this dress since the gold fabric was see through. 

I had to hand sew the gold fabric layer to an under layer to treat as one piece.



I then sewed the two pieces together so that the bodice would be lined. 

this is a photo of the two pieces before I sewed them together.

I then gathered a skirt to sew to the bodice with red velvet fabric.

Voila! A Holiday dress.

I decided I wanted to have a few accessories to photograph for the flyer. I thought I would make some slippers and a matching eye-mask to make the photo even more festive.

I chose some fuzzy fabric for the lining and red and pink pin striped for the main fabric. 

Here are my shapeless yet very cozy slippers :)




Then I had to set up where I wanted to take the photo. I decided to hang some of my hoops to add a little more detail. 

Heres where I decided to set up.

I am adjusting my eye mask and looking silly, but I actually like how this photo came out and am going to use it for my flyer.

After making my friend Darian take a lot of pictures, this ended up being one of my favorites.

So now that I have the photo done, my talented sister Liz can make my flyer. Stay tuned, and I hope you can make it out to the event!!!


xoxo
Becky Jane


No comments:

Post a Comment