Thursday, September 10, 2015

Reuse, Renew, Recycle

Wow, it has been a long time since I have posted. The summer has flown by and I have been super busy participating in events, custom work, traveling and sewing new pieces. But I am going to try and get back into the swing of things and start blogging on a regular basis again.

So one thing I have been up to is making things out of scrap left over vintage fabric that I have from doing alterations at my job Venus on The Half Shell.

These are examples of garments I have shortened or altered in the past from the shop.


I can then take the left over fabric to make a baby dress. As you can see from the tunic I made in the top photo, I then used the hem to make a gathered 6 month old dress, as seen in the photo. Its great because a lot of vintage garments have details already done for you. In this case the cute lace ruffle. 


I am also able to use scraps for parts of a garment I am working on. In the photo below I used the left over fabric from the hem of a dress to make a waist band for a skirt. 



I also used scrap hem fabric for the skirt of this 18 month old dress below. 



Lastly, below I used again the scrap from a hem of a vintage dress to make this pillow. I then added pom-poms for some contrast. I have really been into pom-poms lately. 




Some people might think I am a hoarder with the amount of fabric scraps I keep. But I am determined to prove them wrong by showing all the things I make with scraps!
Stay tuned for more blog posts.


xoxo
becky jane 

No comments:

Post a Comment