Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Shelves in my studio!

The time has come for me to start organizing my studio. I have a lot of projects I want to do, build a drafting table, bolt all of my fabric and make tables for stations for students. But first I need to organize all my supplies and get them off the floor. So last night, with a lot of help from my bosses, I put shelves up!
I'm on a budget, so we decided to make them from scratch. Here are photos of the process!

First we went to Home Depot and bought plywood, brackets and screws.

I decided to make four shelves 5 feet wide and ten inches deep. So we measured and marked the wood with chalk.

Then we cut the wood.

Deciding where to place the shleves was the hardest part. Because my studio is in a very old farm house it was hard to find studs to place the brackets on. 

We decided to space the shelves 16" apart giving me plenty of space for books and tools without feeling crammed. 

Here we are stabilizing the brackets into the wood.

All done! Now I just have to organize all of my supplies! Wish me luck!

Xoxo
Becky Jane 

No comments:

Post a Comment