Thursday, August 14, 2014

A girl's gotta have choices

A few weeks ago I added a few pannels to my friend Meg's beautiful dress she scored at a thrift store. After doing it and loving her dress it inspired me to make a dress for my birthday with pannels.

This is a photo of the back pannel I added on Meg's dress. 

Here you can see where I added the pannels on the sleeves. I really liked the contrast these pannels added.

So I decided to cut and make myself a birthday dress with solid pannels to contrast with the print of my dress.

I actually cut my dress a little small and had to add an additional orange pannel to the center back, which inspired me to make the skirt have a pannel at center back too.

Here is the skirt in mid process.

I was pretty happy with how this dress turned out, but I had a little trouble centering the front pannel and had to re sew it a few times.

Here I am on my birthday in my dress!!

Then I realized I have a party with my twin brother on Friday and needed something to wear. A few weeks back I made this skirt and realized it had a few fabric flaws, so I decided to make a matching crop top to wear with it as my second birthday outfit!

Cutting and sewing the crop top!

Here's the outfit together! I think it will be perfect for the party!!

All in all I was pretty pleased with how my birthday dresses came out. Now I have two options, after all a girl's gotta have choices. 

Xoxo
Becky Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment