Thursday, June 4, 2015

Dashing Emancipation

Last Friday I had the privilege of participating in Dashing Emancipation, a Fashion Show with local designers and boutiques raising funds for Love 146, an organization raising awareness on the plight of human trafficking. I made a lot of new garments for this show and was pleased with the event. Not only was it for a great cause, but there are so many talented people I got to do the show with. Here are some pictures from behind the scenes, the fittings, and the actual show. Enjoy!


Fittings and Process:

I had all my models come over to try on garments for the show. Here is my niece Judy and Iris in a few dresses. Judy ended up wearing this one, and Iris I made another dress for. 



I made a lot of new patterns and designs. Here I am working on a new pattern. 

Cutie Lily trying on one of my designs. She ended up wearing a different dress, but this was so cute on her too.

I made this custom dress for Iris to wear. 


I made a custom two piece outfit for my friend Jillian to wear. I ended up adding a v in the center front of the bodice, you'll notice in below photos.



Behind the scenes at the show:
My sister Molly and her daughter Harper in my dresses. Harper was my youngest model, and although she looks like she isn't having a good time in this photo she did really well!!! haha 

My beautiful friend Meg in one of my dresses. Meg actually helped me design this piece and picked out the fabric. I am lucky to have such a great friend who inspires me to make and try new things. This ended up being one of my favorite pieces in the show. In the background is my friend Sam modeling one of my two piece dresses, another beauty. 

This is a group photo of me and all my models. I was really pleased with how well all the outfits went together. These girls were so much fun and all looked so good. 

Jillian and Sam in two piece dresses I made. 

Meg and Maya and the girls in the background just chilling before the show. Look at Harper laying on the ground, oh my! haha

Another behind the scenes, I had the girls line up in order of the walk out before the show started. 

My friend Jillian and I. 

Three gorgeous ladies, Meg, Jillian and Maya.

It got a little wild while we were waiting haha. These girls had such good energy!

Photos from the show:
(courtesy of Alberto- check out more of his photos)

Sam working it on the runway!

Meg looking amazing!

I loved Maya's outfit! So fun and cute!



I think Judy skipped the entire runway haha!

These are all the designers in the show. Check out their work and collections, they RULE! From left to right : Buki , Jennifer, Joanie,  and Aj

me and my girls!

I loved Madison's attitude in this photo haha little diva!

this is a good photo of Jillians dress. It looked great on her!

Jillian on the runway!

Cutie Lily.

This photo cracks me up!

My sewing student Sloane modeled one of my dresses. Here she is looking adorable with her family!



All of the contributors with Briana who put the event on!

Sloane!!!

Harper and Molly!!!


This event really was a blast! Thank you for everyone who came out and supported this cause. A special thanks to all my models, Berto for photographing, and Brianna for putting this event on. I was so happy to be a part of it!!


xoxo
Becky Jane


1 comment:

  1. A wonderful evening for a worthy cause. I really enjoyed seeing the children's clothing. Becky did a great job designing for each girl. Beautiful girls, beautiful designs. The best fashion show yet! So very proud of my "designing" daughter!!

    ReplyDelete